Climb Assist Devices
At times, it might not be possible to install a lift in a wind turbine because of its design, its age or its small height. In this case, the solution is to install a climb assist device. It can be easily retrofitted to ladders in any type of wind turbines. It enhances safety and ease of climb for technicians. It increases productivity. Most importantly, it relieves fatigue, repetitive climbing stress and wearing injuries on knees, feet, backs and arms.
Barton was entrusted by Nordex to install and commission a large number of PowerClimber IBEX® climb assist systems in Scottish wind farms. Our technicians underwent rigorous training at PowerClimber headquarters to enable them to acquire an in depth technical knowledge of the various available models. The IBEX® 1000 climb assist system was chosen as it puts complete control over the climbing experience in the hands of the climber, delivering personalised performance, increased safety, and better productivity.
The different models of IBEX® Climb Assist offer undisputable benefits.
- Simple and rapid; no tower modification is required
- Retrofit in any model of wind tower
- Mount to all metric or imperial ladder sizes and types instead of platforms; adjust to any spacing and length.
- Sealed bearings in drive unit so no lubrication necessary
Features and performance
- Selection by each user of their own assistance settings at any time via the EasyClimb Controller.
- Constant load support in both the up and down directions
- Manual emergency stop which allows immediate stop to belt movement at the push of a button