The Legal Requirements
Barton advocates the approach taken by the Work at Height Safety Association (WAHSA) with regards the inspection of PPE.
Their Technical Guidance Note 3, ‘Guidance on Inspecting Personal Fall Protection Equipment’, gives guidance on the interpretation of Regulation 12 of the Work at Height Regulations, 2005 (WAHR) which sets out duties for the inspection of work equipment. In addition to the requirements in WAHR, there are also requirements for inspection in BS EN 365: 2004, recommendations in BS 8437 and Health & Safety Executive Publication INDG367.
The WAHSA technical note advocates that the Employers should establish an inspection regime drawn up by a competent person. This regime is to include:
- the equipment to be inspected (including their unique identification);
- the frequency and type of inspection (pre-use checks, detailed, interim inspection);
- designated competent persons to carry out the inspections;
- action to be taken on finding defective products;
- recording of the inspections;
- training of users
- monitoring of the inspection regime to verify inspections are carried out accordingly.
We supply a wide range of products ranging from:
- Anchorage points
- Connectors and descenders
- Lanyards and slings
- Lifting bags
We review constantly our product range to ensure that we offer innovative, most reliable and durable products.
Our rigorous supplier and product auditing ensures that all products offered are fully compliant with British and European Standards and legislation. We are an independent supplier of the main leading brands:
Certificates of Conformity are issued to all customers ensuring traceability. In the event of a product recall or changes to advisory notices, we take all reasonable steps to make you aware thus giving you peace of mind in your selection of product.